Google is a word known to all. It is a common search engine all around the globe. People from different geographic locations use it in different languages and for different uses. It is one of the most powerful tools when it comes to the virtual world.
To use Google, your physical location doesn't matter; all you need is an internet connection with your laptop or phone, and that's it. Google is a search engine where people look for information using relevant keywords.
Nowadays, business owners also use Google Ads to promote their business and also take help to promote their businesses through smart campaigns. Therefore, the advertising campaign run on Google is sure to reach the target audience and a wider number of people.
What is Google ADS?
Google is a very common word in today's world, but what is Google Ads or Google AdWords? Is it an extension of Google or a new app? Don't worry, and we will answer all your questions regarding Google Ads, previously known as Google AdWords.
Google Ads is an online advertising campaign launched by Google. It is where the business owners can put their small ads in order to reach potential customers. The advertisers are interested in using this service bid to get their ads placed on the Google search engine and non-search apps like mobile devices and computers while using the internet.
This service is offered on a PPC (pay-per-click) basis. PPC Advertising is when you pay for each visit to your website through the ad. The advertising service uses a lot of things to attract customers to their client's website. For example, keywords are used to increase search volume. Therefore, it is common to use relevant keywords that are attractive to the target audience.
What Should be your Budget, and What Are The Types of Budgets?
The service provided is based on different budget strategies.
- Monthly Budget: this is a decided amount. A contract states how much the company will pay Google monthly to make them display the clients' ads.
- Daily Budget: this is rare, but some businesses pay daily. A daily budget is helpful when the client doesn't want to avail of the Google Ads service for a long time; for example, it is for a particular season, etc.
- Pay-per-click: this is also a common way. The client wants to pay for the search volume of their website. So they pay for the smart campaign according to the clicks per day. This makes them sure about the worth of the digital marketing campaign and its return on investment. Depending on how many prospective customers reach their website by seeing the ad on Google ads is what makes the return on investment.
To get Google Ads for a small business, the budget depends on the business and its type. For example, if the business owner wants to put the ads for a few months, the cost would be more than if the ad would have been for a few days. Therefore, the business owner should first make a plan with the agency. Then, if they feel that this step will help the business, they should take it further.
Track Your Result with Google Analytics
If you decide as a business owner to use Google Ads to serve your business, you should also keep a close check on it. It is advised not to let things go unnoticed as it can start giving negative ROI very soon.
Keeping track is easy if you understand the Google ads better; there are Google Ads APIs that are more interactive. These APIs let the business owner or the developers interact with the program's interface. This is helpful for larger accounts, but it is also helpful for small business owners as the better you understand the advertising algorithms, the better results you will attain.
There are different services provided along with Google Adwords; one of them is Google Analytics. This helps you give an in-depth analysis of how well the ads, keywords, searches, etc., are helping your business.
Hire a PPC Consultant
For better understanding and greater results, it is advised to hire a PPC consultant. But, you might be wondering, how is it cost-effective for your small business? Let's examine what they might bring to your business.
PPC consultants are difficult to find and are highly in demand due to the ever-increasing ads and searches. PPC consultants are professionals who manage internet pay-per-click advertising campaigns. This includes; strategy, design, implementation, and analysis of the advertising campaign's performance.
Furthermore, the PPC consultant would do all the work:
- Keyword Search: they would search how many people are attracted to your website through the keywords.
- Trend Watching: they would see if your marketing strategy matches that of the market or are you falling behind. SEO trends and ever-changing algorithms can be a challenge to follow, so a PPC consultant does it for you.
- Landing Page: landing pages are the first interaction between your business and visitors. So, keeping the landing page interactive is essential. PPC consultant will review your landing page and make sure it helps retain potential customers.
Conversion tracking is a similar job. This process involves tracking the mobile data by a mobile measurement partner. The data can also be tracked from any other device like a laptop, computer, etc. The tracking will indicate how the potential customer has interacted with your Google Ad. They track the mapped data point through an app. This enables them to understand better the usefulness of the ad for the person who watched or interacted with your Ad and how much benefit the business is getting.
How Can Your Small Business Benefit From Google AdWords?
It is no secret that small businesses struggle to survive in the competitive corporate world. The virtual world is both a foe and a friend. The larger sharks in the ocean, like Walmart, Amazon, etc., are a true threat to the survival of small businesses. This often concerns small business owners.
To survive, various strategies are used and applied by small business owners. As a result, they have to play many roles to save costs and meet both ends. In such a situation, finding a low-cost digital marketing agency and letting them help grow the business is indeed a blessing. Google Ads are just that.
There are ways on the internet that can help you reach customers through advertising platforms and lower your average cost. Search engine optimization is one of the ways to make your ads more prominent to the target audience.
When starting a business, you know you need to give it time; the same is the case with Google Ads. Once you post your ads on Google Ads, you need to keep tracking them. If you just leave it after putting up the ad, you can be sure to let your advertising budget go down the drain instead of yielding results.
Small businesses are usually low on budget and striving to make ends meet. So, will it be beneficial for them to use Google Ads to promote their businesses? The answer is, Yes. So, let's see how Google Ads can help small businesses.
- Budget-Friendly: with Google Ads, you can start advertising with any budget. They give a lot of options. Even with conversion rates, if you are from any other part of the world, you can find a budget that suits your pocket.
- Follow It: after you appoint Google Ads to make promotions for your business have a greater reach, you can follow it. Google Analytics is the way to do it. You should always keep track of the Google ads to understand them better and see how it is benefiting your business.
- Location is Accessible: Google Ads uses Google Maps as well. This makes it easier for the clients to reach your location if they are interested in purchasing from you.
- Keyword Search: if a particular potential customer is searching for a certain thing and uses a certain keyword of tail keywords to search for it on a search engine, the search engine will direct that customer to your business if it is related to the search. There can be thousands of keywords that relate to your type of business. So, this makes the customer base even wider for you if you appoint Google Ads to promote your business.
- Online Presence: it makes people know about your business. The online presence of your business may make it easier for an average customer to reach you, which otherwise wouldn't be possible for them.
- More Reach is Ultimately More Money: if your customer base increases, your sales will increase, getting you more profit.
A digital marketing agency is one way to make prominent Google ads as per your marketing budget. A small business will have a relatively smaller marketing budget, so to get your marketing strategy easy enough to reach the relevant customers, you also need to put in effort and money.
Some valuable customers are online at different hours of the day, so to reach them, your ad should be showing up frequently when they are on the internet. For different types of businesses, there are different strategies. Now, it depends on your PPC campaigns to match the search network of an average customer.
Another important thing is to keep your advertising goals clear. You should be able to tell in numbers how much profit or how many customers you are targeting to get through this advertising campaign.
Advertising technology used in these Google Ads makes it possible for the Ads to make the advertising efforts worthwhile. Ad Tech manages ads across channels, including videos, display, search, etc. Moreover, it manages the ads as per the target, bid, optimization of digital marketing, etc.
Types of Advertising:
The types of advertising are basic. These types have evolved with technology. Let's get to know each type.
- Display Advertising: these are also known as Banner advertising. You can see them while on the road. They can be in different languages, including sign language. This is also included in Social media advertising.
- Mobile Advertising: it is advertising made specifically for mobile devices. They are made to fit the screen, and their timing is also suitable for the viewer. These can be video-based, a picture, a banner, or just a message, etc.
- Video Advertising: these are super attractive and are the most common now. We have them everywhere, in our handheld devices, televisions, computers, and even electronic signboards. Google Ads uses them very often.
- Native Advertising: these are mature ads that are non-disruptive. Ads like blogs, videos, photos, etc., are slipped between the content and related to the content the consumer is already indulged in. They match the style of the content and go with the flow.
Most of the forums use all these types integrated as one. This helps with greater reach and attraction.
Though Ads are a great way to reach a wider range of customers relatively easily, they have a disadvantage. It would help if you were sure that the ads do not invite a greater number of non-potential customers as this will increase your cost without getting any benefits.
Google Ads and other forms of digital advertising are a strong component of the services offered by Osborne Digital Marketing. To get the best and yield the most effective results, you should rely only on the best service providers.
Google Ads are a benefit for all types of business owners and customers. There are many options available for the customers to choose from, and there are budget-friendly strategies for businesses.
Though the business owner should be careful that they are getting the most out of the strategies, the ads are not attracting many non-potential customers. This can be harmful as it would increase traffic on the website but not give any financial gain. So, keep a good eye on the Google strategies and gain the maximum benefit your business can.